What is Positive Mental Health?
Mental health refers to your overall psychological well-being. It includes the way you feel about yourself, the quality of your relationships, and your ability to manage your feelings and deal with difficulties.
Being mentally or emotionally healthy is much more than being free of depression, anxiety, or other psychological issues. Rather than the absence of mental illness, mental and emotional health refers to the presence of positive characteristics. – this is positive mental health.
People who are mentally and emotionally healthy generally have:
• A zest for living and the ability to laugh and have fun.
• The ability to deal with stress and bounce back from adversity.
• A sense of meaning and purpose, in both their activities and their relationships.
• The flexibility to learn new things and adapt to change.
• The ability to build and maintain fulfilling relationships.
• Self-confidence and high self-esteem.
Next week is our Annual Positive Mental Health Week.
We will give you more information about it on Monday and we encourage you to get involved in some of the activities taking place to highlight the importance of looking after out Mental Health.