Are you smarter than a 12-18 yr old . We gave out the numeracy quiz below to all the class groups for first class this morning.
Numeracy quiz 26/4/16
Q1 If a = 1 , b =2 c=3 and so on what is the total you get if you add up all the numbers that are represented by using each of the letters in ardscoil rath iomghain.
Q2 Apart from Liverpool how many teams have played in every season of the premier league/ premiership since 1992 but have never won the title during this time
Q3 How many letters of the alphabet do not have at least one county in all of Ireland beginning with that letter
Q 4 What teacher in the school has the longest surname?
Q 5 How many teachers in the school share surnames with shortest number of letters?
Q 6 The most followed Irish person on Twitter is Niall Horan .How many million followers does he have to the nearest million?
Q7 Which one of these options has the greater area of food (assuming they are identical in bases and spread of toppings. )
1) a full 9 inch pizza. 2) two thirds of a 12 inch pizza. 3) half of a 14 inch pizza
Q8 40+40X 0 +1 =
Q9 If there are a total of 10 bicycles and tricycles in the park and the total number of wheels was 26, how many tricycles were there?
10)After the twelve days of Christmas are over, how many presents has my true love sent me altogether?
11)What letter of the alphabet is the one which comes eight letters before the letter which comes five letters after the fourth appearance of the first letter to occur four times in this sentence?
12) Which is the greatest distance in kms a)rathangan to Waterford
b) rathangan to Limerick C) rathangan to Dublin return
13) There are 12 black socks and 12 white socks in a drawer . In complete darkness and without looking what is the minimum number of socks that must be taken from the drawer to be sure to get a pair that match?
14) A girl, a boy, and a dog start walking down a road.
They start at the same time, from the same point, in the same direction.
The boy walks at 5 km/h, the girl at 6 km/h. The dog runs from boy to girl and back again with a constant speed of 10 km/h. The dog does not slow down on the turn. How far does the dog travel in 1 hour?
15) Find a number with its letters in alphabetical order.
Example: "five" has "fiv" in alphabetical order, but not "e".
16) What percentage of the Republic of Ireland’s population live in Leinster
A 44% B 54% c 64 %
17) Which one of these first names do we have more students of in the school
a) John b) Mary c) Peter
18) Which of these numbers is smaller
A) Paul o Connell’s international rugby tries , B) Valerie Mulcahy’s All Ireland football medals with Cork C) Henry Shefflin’s All Ireland medals with Kilkenny
19) Name 4 of the signatures on the Proclemation of 1916