Core Subjects in First Year
Gaeilge, English, Mathematics, Geography, Science, Religious Education, Information Technology (IT), Physical Education
Civic, Social & Political Education (CSPE), Social Personal and Health Education (SPHE), Wellbeing.
Each student will take his or her extra subjects from the following: -
Art, Business Studies, French, German, History, Home Economics, Materials Technology, (Wood), Metalwork, Music, Technical Graphics.
The Transition Year (TY) is a one-year programme taken after Junior Cycle and before the two-year Leaving Certificate programme.
General Information On Transition Year:
- It is designed to act as a bridge between the Junior Certificate and Leaving Certificate programmes.
- It is available to all second-level schools and currently some 550 schools offer the programme.
- Transition Year may be optional or mandatory for students depending on the school’s policy.
- Each school designs its own Transition Year programme, within set guidelines, to suit the needs and interests of its students.
- In establishing its own distinctive programme content, the school takes into account the possibilities offered by local community interests.
Leaving Certificate Traditional (5th and 6th Year) L.C.T.
Leaving Cert Subjects
Core Subjects: English, Gaeilge & Maths,
Agriculture Science, Art, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Construction Studies, Design and Communication Graphics, Engineering, French, Geography, German, History, Home Economics, Music, Religious Studies.